Alsahwa Net- The undersecretary of the interior ministry, general, Mohammed Salem Bin Abood, said on Saturday that preparations are underway with Saudi Arabia to set up a joint security plan to secure all the government-held areas before the return of the government members to Aden.
Bin Abood who was quoted by the London-based Asharq Al-Awsat daily Newspaper, said that coordination is underway with the Saudis for the return of the Presidential Protection Forces to Aden and deployment of the interior ministry personnel in Aden.
The armed groups will be removed from streets and the state offices and will be replaced by the formal police, according to Bin Abood.
These preparations are in line to the Saudi-sponsored Al-Riyadh agreement that was signed on Tuesday 5 November 2019 between the government and the southern separation rebels who led an armed rebellion against the legitimate government early last August.
He explained that all armed groups will be reorganized to be under the sole command of the interior ministry and the defense ministry to maintain security in the government-held territory.
He added that Saudi Arabia had previously supported the Yemen’s ministry of interior with logistic and technical support and this support will be doubled in the upcoming period to improve security and stability of Yemen.